Best smartphone camera – March 2022
Our list of the best cameras on smartphones as of March 2022.
It is not easy to choose the best phone for taking photos, whether it is an Android device or with another operating system. Generally the best smartphone camera is the one that takes the best photos, but there are many factors to take into account, which we will analyze later. To simplify your search, we therefore wanted to make a list of the best smartphones for taking pictures and which therefore have the best camera. These are smartphones of all types and prices, although obviously to have a good camera on a smartphone the price can only be high enough (but we try to give you options for each category). However, you will find mid-range, high-end and also an excellent value for money smartphones. If you want to discover other categories of smartphones, you can do it at the link below.
As top-of-the-range smartphones are often the ones that take the best photos, they are also often excellent smartphones even in other sectors, but we will still try to explain them to you in our buying guide (updated to March 2022 ) so that you get the best picture of the situation. If, on the other hand, you are looking for the best apps to take photos, you can find the link below.
- Best cheap smartphone camera
- Best mid-range camera smartphones
- Best top-of-the-range camera smartphones
Redmi Note 11
As with all the cheap smartphones in this selection, you obviously don't expect top-of-the-range shots, but at least for its main sensor (50 megapixel) it defends itself very well. The photos are sharp and with a good color balance. In low light you have to use the night mode, which still makes the photos usable at least.
- Review Redmi Note 11
- Technical sheet Redmi Note 11
- Review Realme C21
- Realme C21 data sheet
POCO X3 NFC
- POCO X3 Review
- Technical sheet POCO X3
Realme 9 Pro +
Realme 9 Pro + is a valid smartphone in many respects and also defends itself with regard to the photographic sector. The camera that makes the difference is certainly the main 50 megapixel camera, which means that the resulting shots from this smartphone are definitely above average for other smartphones in the same price range.
- Review Realme 9 Pro +
- Data sheet Realme 9 Pro +
OnePlus Nord 2
OnePlus with this Nord 2 made a courageous choice that other companies had never made. Putting a true top-of-the-line camera into a mid-range smartphone. The 50 megapixel camera is the same as the OnePlus 9 Pro and is optically stabilized. The wide angle isn't great, but the photos from the main one will be better than everything else at this price.
- OnePlus Nord 2 review
- OnePlus Nord 2 data sheet
OPPO Reno4 Pro
In 2020 OPPO has scored another smartphone that is really valid for the photographic sector. Let's talk about OPPO Reno4 Pro, a smartphone that has three photographic sensors all of excellent quality. In addition, the low light performance and above all the performance in the video recording sector improve a lot.
- OPPO Reno4 Pro review
- OPPO Reno4 Pro data sheet
- PURCHASE: € 459 (Unieuro) – € 558 (Amazon)
Xiaomi 11T Pro
The smartphone Pro of the Xiaomi “T” family is undoubtedly a relevant product. Not only because it guarantees true top-of-the-range performance, but also because the price has remained decidedly more reasonable. Plus the main camera is the same 108 megapixel camera as the smartphone premium of the company with also its excellent optical image stabilization.
- Xiaomi 11T Pro review
- Xiaomi 11T Pro data sheet
OPPO Reno 6 Pro
- OPPO Reno 6 Pro review
- OPPO Reno 6 Pro data sheet
Google Pixel 6 Pro
- Google Pixel 6 Pro Review
- Google Pixel 6 Pro data sheet
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Even the latest generation of smartphones premium from Samsung amazes with photographic sector. Excellent under every front, also thanks to the double zoom camera (3x and 10x) that allows you to have maximum flexibility on every occasion. Also good for the video part and the selfie camera.
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra review
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra data sheet
OPPO Find X5 Pro
OPPO has undoubtedly done an exceptional job regarding the cameras in its super Find X5 Pro of the range premium
. The main and wide-angle cameras are two 50-megapixel sensors, the former with optical image stabilization and glass lenses. All made and finished in collaboration with Hasselblad.
- OPPO Find X5 Pro review
- OPPO Find X5 Pro data sheet
You will find below all the best smartphones to take photos and to better understand how we have chosen them, here is a list of key factors:
- Photo sensor quality: obviously the first point to evaluate is how good are the photos of your smartphone and therefore the chosen sensor is fundamental
- Shutter speed: it is important to understand how fast it takes. A slow shutter can make you lose the desired moment
- Accuracy and speed of focusing: it is very important to evaluate the focus in all its aspects. How shutter speed can ruin a beautiful photo
- Software simplicity: if a camera software isn't simple, it risks wasting your time finding the most trivial option
- Software quality: being the sensors of smartphones very small, much of the goodness of the shots nowadays is given by the work of postprocessing done by software
- Number of functions : what you can do with your phone's camera should not be underestimated
- Hardware technologies: finally we also evaluate the technologies available, such as laser autofocus, optical stabilizer and color spectrum sensor
If you are looking for products other than dual SIM smartphones, here is a selection of other great devices:
- Best smartphone
- Best compact smartphone
- Best 5G smartphone
- Best Android smartphone
- Best Chinese smartphones
- Best battery smartphones
- Best dual SIM smartphones
- Best Android Wear smartwatch
- Best Android tablet
- Best smartband